Your current IT Operations Management system is becoming harder to maintain and no longer covering everything it should. Yet installing a whole new system will be time consuming, painful and with no guarantee that things will be any better after your upgrade. You need an alternative strategy and that’s where we come in.
With the advent of virtualised, fifty thousand server estates today's IT Operations Management Systems have to operate in increasingly heterogeneous environments. There is an increasing demand on those systems to cope with big data, vast quantities of machine generated data.
Traditional solutions have great features in the upper management layers but there has been less innovation at the data collection layer. These systems tend to be tightly coupled and don't let you separate the concerns of data collection, enrichment and routing from management of that data. Furthermore traditional solutions tend to be limited to data collection from their own product's components.
This makes it technically difficult to move to another vendor's offering. You're locked in.
Abilisoft have created a complimentary product that works with any IT Operations Management solution: the Data Collection Substrate.
Abilisoft Acquire is easy to deploy, configure and manage. It delivers data in an adaptive way, tears down operational silos and utilises data generated anywhere in your infrastructure. It decouples data collection, enrichment and routing from your Operations Management Solution - insulating you from change, preventing vendor lock-in and making any future replacement a breeze.
It enables you to get more from your existing IT Operations Management solution by simplifying the collection, enrichment and routing of data fed into it; furnishing your Operations Management system (or any other target) with all the accurate, normalised, enriched and contextual data it needs:
- The types of data collected and propagated can be easily provisioned
- Data can undergo any customised processing
- Data can be routed dymanically
- Any type of machine data can be collected and propagated
- Reducing reliance on one vendor's limited innovation in its data acquisition capabilities
- Reducing the risk of changing between different vendor’s management platforms now and in the future
- Insulation from platform changes (i.e. rolling out new OS flavours), and the ability of vendors to support them fully and in a timely manner
- Improve the range and quality of the inbound data thereby decreasing the time it takes to detect and resolve problems, regardless of the chosen management platform(s).
- Solving the data collection problem for solutions that don’t have any built in data collection mechanisms e.g. Splunk.
- The ability to break down operational silos e.g. gather data from a version control system or a social media stream.
- The ability to feed more accurate, more diverse, richer data to the incumbent Operations Management system than it can feed itself.
Now you can collect vast quantities of machine generated data or data from disparate sources and rationalise it before propagating it to your IT Operations Management system, Service Management system, CMDB, relational database or no-sql database.
And by collecting and feeding more diverse, more contextual and richer data you decrease the time taken to detect and resolve problems.
Abilisoft solutions help you tear down old operational silos and enable you to utilise data generated anywhere in your infrastructure. It will de-couple your data collection, enrichment and routing from your operations management solution - insulating you from change and liberating you from the risk of vendor lock-in. Abilisoft ensures you get the most out of your operations management system. And if you decide to replace your incumbent operations management solution you'll be able to run your new and existing installations side-by-side until, then go live when you're good and ready. Meanwhile all of your data collection, enrichment and routing remains the same.
- De-risk - reduce your reliance on one vendor's ability to support your heterogeneous, dynamic environment
- De-couple data collection, enrichment and routing from your operations management solution
- De-Silo - tear down old operational silos and enables you to utilise data generated anywhere in your infrastructure
- Richer data - more accurate, diverse, rich and contextual data decreases the time it takes to detect and resolve problems.